If she didn’t catch your attention with her stunning chocolate dream coat, add in some sparkling green eyes and a super cute bilateral cleft lip and you’ll surely be smitten. Pudgy Pie is without a doubt an elite member of the cutie patootie club!
Pudgy Pie is somewhat independent and whilst some of our other current rescue puppies are pushing their way to the front of the cue, bidding for attention, Pudge just sits back, waiting her turn. She is not overly needy, nor is she aloof, just a lovely balance of chill and fun. Very human snuggly, very canine friendly.
Pudgy is the Goodest of good girls, she sleeps in a crate at night, toilets outside, has gentle manners when it comes to treats and whilst she doesn’t mind speaking her mind (rarely) or occasionally indulging in some unlicensed demolition work, she is by all accounts a pretty easygoing girl.
Pudgy is from EXTRA LARGE American Bully Stock, these chonks can grow to a whopping 60-80kgs, so we suspect (if the XL in the breed description didn’t give it away) Pudgy Pie will grow to be a decent size! That being said animals with clefts who have been hand reared, like Pudgy usually do not grow to the standard size.
Now, you know LoP loves a bully breed and we love to advocate for rescue bullies so it’s imperative that any adopter considering Pudgy Pie does their research and is committed whole heartedly to ongoing training to ensure that Pudgy Pie is a poster child for how awesome these breeds can be! We would love to see Pudgy in a home with someone who doesn’t just see her as a big beef nugget but the sweet, kind soul that she is.
BEFORE you read Pudgy Pie’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most precious pupper. Pudgy Pie cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success in her new home.
– Pudgy Pie’s new family must be committed to ongoing training, this big boned bebe is going to need a family totally onboard with making sure she continues to be the sweet, friendly girl she is at the moment.
– Caring for Pudgy’s cleft lip is a lifelong commitment.
– Daily adventures are an absolute, wether that be a stroll around the hood’ or a trip to the beach, it’s important that Pudgy keeps up appearances.
– A specific balanced, healthy diet is very important for Pudgy Pie to ensure her digestive health.
– Pudgy Pie must be truly part of the family and that means access inside as she pleases.
Non deal breakers:
– Pudgy Pie wouldn’t mind a sibling or two, she has grown up in a big family of furry friends and enjoys their company, she can most often be found either curled up with a dog or two by the fire or playing an epic game of bitey face.
– A family with previous bull breed and/or big dog experience is highly favourable.
– Pudgy Pie has a bilateral cleft lip, this means her lip hasn’t formed properly and she has splits on both sides lip. Currently this doesn’t really effect Pudgy and she can eat and drink as per normal. Caring for a bilateral cleft lip means keeping it clean and free of debris / food which is relatively simple.
Please click here for an adoption application.
**We do our best to review and reply to all applications within 14 days, please be patient.
– Desexing after 6 months of age (adoption under desexing contract clause and desex age dependant on individual health needs of each animal)
– Up to date vaccinations, flea, tick & worming treatments
– As with all our cleft palate + lip pups, Life of Pikelet will e-introduce you to Dr Arthur House, the leading canine cleft specialist surgeon in Australia. All our Life of Pikelet puppers that choose to continue cleft repair assessments through Dr House receive our phenomenally generous rescue discount for surgery (if required). Quite literally below a quarter of what you would normally expect a cleft repair to cost by a specialist in this field.
MICROCHIP NUMBER 953010100456974
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924
**Located in foster care in Victoria, Pudgy Pie is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Pudgy Pie’s new family will need to come to HQ to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with her. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.