0Sweet, delicious Sundae.
A three legged, whirlwind with a big personality and an even bigger smile.
Sundae is the life of every party and she hasn’t yet met a person she can’t make laugh. Sundae arrived into care as a young pup with an old unattended fracture in her front right leg, after vet investigation and specialist consultation, it was deemed inoperable and her best bet moving forward was to have her leg amputated as it caused her considerable pain. Adjusting to life on three legs was a breeze for Sundae, she gets around without issue, runs like the wind and whilst prone to some pretty impressive high speed stacks, she just gets up and keeps on going.
Living in a very busy multi dog household, Sundae is mostly found wrestling her foster brothers and sisters or snoozing on the couch. Whilst she thinks she is completely invincible, her new family would need to sometimes encourage her to take it easy and remind her that her body is a temple and not a crash test dummy.
Sundae enjoys daily walks, she can pull on leash as she needs to keep up a bit of a momentum in order to stay upright but she does have reasonable recall and does well off leash. Whilst Sundae generally gets along with other dogs, she can be a bit of a ‘full on’ greeter and is learning some manners when meeting new dogs out and about, she is not really a dog-park-dog and is better suited being walked in large open areas where she can be encouraged to make good choices.
Sundae would greatly benefit from a family that has dog experience, even better is working breed experience, Sundae is very sure of her self and can be quite clear in what she likes and dislikes. Whilst she thinks she can run for days, her body does get tired and she needs to be carefully monitored so she doesn’t over do it and negatively impact her remaining front leg. Sundae has been to semi-regular physio and massage appointments, something we feel her new family should keep up with to help keep her comfortable and in tip top shape. She loves children but she can be a bit much for small kids, so feel it’s best everyone in the family is in the double digits.
Her short shedding coat is easily maintained and only requires the occasional brush and bath, she enjoys her time outdoors but she’s very much an inside dog and as such must have access inside as she pleases. Sundae is one in a million, she is a dog you simply can’t forget and her home must be just as awesome as she is.
– A family committed to ongoing training to ensure Sundae is a good canine citizen.
– Daily outings and enrichment to keep both her mind and body busy and healthy.
– Ideally, the Sundae’s forever home would have minimal stairs, although she can get up and down stairs without issues the long-term impact on her remaining front leg wouldn’t be the best.
– Access inside as she pleases, she would not be a happy camper out in a yard all day.
– Sundae will only be rehomed to a NSW or ACT forever family.
– Sundae needs another playful dog or two at home. A constant companion will make Sundae’s forever home complete.
– A good diet to keep her weight down so to not negatively impact her joints.
– A family willing to take her to regular massage consults to keep her comfortable and less prone to injury.
Sundae is approx 1 year old and has been vet checked regularly. She is a tri-paw and is in good health but does need a vigilant family to make sure she remains that way.
Sundae’s adoption fee is $495.
Adoption fee includes:
– Fully vaccinated
– Desex certificate
– Heartworm tested
– Dental work complete
Sundae is not available for adoption outside of NSW (Except ACT).
Donate to Sundae’s rescue