If you’re looking for your very own tropical taste of summer, Miss Pomelo is your girl!
Just like the citrus fruit she is named after, Miss Pomelo is the sweetest little Frenchie you could ever wish to meet. She is bright, friendly and incredibly happy. She will run to you for a cuddle and is often the first one to fall asleep after she’s done playing with her foster siblings.
Pomelo is quite small for her age, but she loves to run around outside and can tackle a few stairs without a second thought. She is rambuncious and enjoys playing out in the yard. She is also excellent at standing her ground! She has been living with her Frenchie and Bulldog foster siblings and she can hold her own without a second thought.
Miss Pomelo has a slight head tilt believed to be a neurological condition, but it certainly doesn’t stop or impede her in any way. She is very engaged with her human and fur foster family and she would need a forever family who can continue to play with her and engage her sweetness and curiosity.
BEFORE you read Pomelo’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most precious pupper. Pomelo cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success during this crucial developmental puppy stage of life.
– Pomelo has grown up with many foster siblings and is used to their constant companionship so a home with a friend or 2 is preferred. A home with no other dog will be considered if the family is home more often than not.
– Pomelo’s new family must be committed to ongoing training to ensure she grows to be the best doggo she can be. She does display some food and treat guarding behaviour, so she will need to be fed seperately while her forever family works on teaching her that there is plenty to go around.
– Daily walks and outings are a must, because this level of sweetness will rot your teeth if you keep her all to yourself.
– A specific balanced, healthy diet is very important for Pomelo. She will need a high quality diet to ensure she stays healthy.
– Pomelo must be truly part of the family and that means access inside as she pleases, this girl would not much enjoy being left outside.
Non deal breakers:
– A home in Victoria is preferred however interstate applicants will be considered, potential forever families would need to come to HQ for a meet and greet
– Pomelo has a head tilt which is likely due to a neurological condition that we have ongoing vet specialist appointments for. Pomelo’s new forever family will be given a full brief as to diagnosis and prognosis.
**We do our best to review and reply to all applications within 5 days, please be patient.
– Desexing at 6 months of age
– Up to date vaccinations, flea, tick & worming treatments
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924
MICROCHIP NUMBER 956000014626830
**Located in foster care in Victoria, Pomelo is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Pomelo’s new family will need to come to HQ to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with her. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.