Are you looking for a docile, calm, quiet staffy puppy to join your family?
Well my advice is to keep looking as little Pokè is none of that!
Pokè is your average staffy nugget baby that combines cheek, sass, energy, playfulness and some unique vocal skills.
She has the beautiful looks that only a red English rescue staffy can bring to the table 😉, she is charming and cuddly and perfectly squishy. Already a solid little nugget, Pokè’s background is that she was bred from a backyard breeder who only had adult English staffies. It is our guess that she is a purebred English staffy, but that is only an assumption.
Pokè is extremely food motivated and will often run to the kitchen to sing for her supper! With this is mind, training should be an absolute piece of cake. Right now Pokè is about 70% toilet trained, using both the doggy door and puppy pads.
This little puppy lives with 7 other rescue dogs of all shapes, breeds, ages and sizes. Not only is Pokè comfortable around all dogs, she is also great friends with her foster sister Pony (a 11 month old Fallow fawn 🦌). As well as her animal family, Pokè is also very affectionate towards her foster Mama & Dad, she loves nothing more than to snuggle right up in the crook of your neck, resting her face on your chin.
Pokè has only briefly met our 3 year old next-door neighbour but as far as we can tell, she is both little and big kid friendly. At this time we can only assume that Pokè will be cat friendly as she lives with a deer and is extremely gentle.
BEFORE you read Pokè’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most wonderful little rescue puppy. Pokè cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success during this crucial developmental puppy stage of life.
– Pokè has mild separation anxiety which makes having at least one other dog at home already part of her adoption criteria. Please note that while Pokè would probably be ok with a cat sibling it’s just not the same as having another canine as a constant companion.
– Pokè needs to attend puppy school and she’ll need daily walks/plays to continue her good socialisation and burn her extra energy.
– A RAW, BARF or Fresh food diet is a must for Pokè and she’ll need a slow feeder bowl as she is a complete greedy guts.
– The adoptive family will need to stay in regular contact with Life of Pikelet throughout Pokè’s life. It goes both ways when you adopt from us, we give you the gift of adopting and life long support for your puppy and in return you stay in touch with updates and a photo here and there.
Non deal breakers:
– Pokè would love her forever family to get her involved in some sort of weekend activity like agility or dock diving. She is a smart little cookie and quite the explorer and climber, having an activity to harness her skills would make her very happy and content.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an adoption application.
**All applications will be reviewed and replied to within 5 days, please be patient.
Pokè’s adoption fee is $650
Adoption fee includes:
– First 2 puppy vaccinations, 3rd to be provided by her forever family.
A desex contract is part of Pokè adoption binding agreement. This will mean that change of ownership with council will not be complete until proof of desex at 6 months of age is provided. If Pokè is adopted out of NSW her desexing & 3rd puppy vaccination must be completed at the expense of the adopter. The surgery certificate must be colour copied sent back to Life of Pikelet for completion of change of ownership.
Pokè is currently (approx) 11 weeks old and has been vet checked regularly.
She is microchipped, wormed, flea & tick treated and had her 1st puppy vaccination with her second due next week.
At 4-6 months old (based on her adoptive vet’s advice) Pokè will need to start heart worm treatment.
**Located in foster care in the Inner West of Sydney, Pokè is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Pokè’s new owners will need to come to Sydney to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with her. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.