Big Body Beautiful!
For reasons unexplainable, the stars have yet to align for our gorgeous and glorious hound, Pisco!
Pisco has been waiting for a home for quite a while, he’s grown (a lot) and matured a lot over the past several months, learning how to brave the big wide world, thanks to his foster mama, Annie.
Pisco is an absolute stunner, nearing 40kgs now, he’s yet to finish growing… suffice to say he’s a #bigboi but he’s also gentle and sweet and amazing and incredible, shall we go on?!
At heart he is a clown, he makes everyone laugh and is the kind of dog that truly makes an impression (almost always good)! His confidence has grown so much whilst in foster care and his training is coming along more than well! Sure, Pisco has his teenage moments where a dog to play with or a scent to sniff takes priority over his foster ma’s voice of reason but as a whole, he’s kind of a dream boat.
BEFORE you read Pisco’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most wonderful little rescue dog. Pisco cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that his foster family can feel assured he is going to be set up for success with his new family.
– Training! Pisco is an A+ Student, he’s also a mammoth and will need continued force free training to make sure he stays on the straight and narrow.
– A daily adventure to keep Pisco’s mind and body happy and active is important, he does have issues with his hips (more about that below) so his exercise needs to be managed but thankfully he loves a sniffy walk and doesn’t really need two hours rumbling at the dog park.
– He ain’t no outside dog! Pisco must be allowed access inside as he pleases, this is what he is accustomed to and we would like to see continued.
– Pisco’s lucky new fam will need to stay in regular touch with LoP & his foster family.
– Got Hound experience? That’s a plus! Whilst we believe every dog is different, there are some very clear houndy traits Pisco displays, so a family who have some experience with a scent driven dog is a bonus. This is certainly not a must but we encourage anyone interested in applying read up on Bloodhounds and get a good idea as to wether your family is suited to such a dog.
– A home in Sydney is preferred but we are open to homes out of state should they tick all the boxes, are willing to travel to Sydney with their own dog for a meet and are willing to provide video footage of their home / yard or have a LoP representative visit.
– Preference is always given to a family home more often than not.
**All applications will be reviewed and replied to within 5 days, please be patient.