Miss Philadelphia Cheesesteak is a favourite here at Life of Pikelet HQ. Born 100% deaf, 100% blind and 100% full of love, she is the welcoming committee to all visitors to HQ.
BUT, do not let her impairments get you fooled. Philly is whip smart and will be great for a family who can nose train her during the day and let her cuddle you on the couch at night. AND, Philly’s smarts are not restricted to just knowing how to get around her fully fenced farm. Nope! This girl knows a routine – she will be sure to let you when it’s dinner time. Her remaining skill sets include; needing a strong crate – because girlfriend puts Houdini to shame, opening doors and giving full body cuddles.
Among Philly’s other skills are being the best sister ever. She has loved all her foster siblings, including a cow and a deer (the photo-bombing deer you see in her photos), and is great with puppies and adult dogs. She’s not one for small dogs though – she prefers her friends young and funky.
Philly is a Great Dane + Catahoula cross, but you wouldn’t know it. We think she’s fully grown right now and she’s the size of a medium Labrador. She weighs in at about 25kgs of pure love.
Phil is a tactile girl, if you are not up for lots of physical contact or a soft velvety baby dog melting into your arms & lap, then keep on swiping!
If you think Philly is your girl, you will be rewarded with unending love. She’s even proof *read* this profile to make sure we’ve let you know just how much she can’t wait to meet her people.
Philly is desexed, vaccinated and toilet & crate trained. Being a white dog, Philly may be prone to allergies.
BEFORE you read Philly’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought to and communicate in their adoption application what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most wonderful rescue girl. Philly CANNOT be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success.
– Philly needs a medium-large adult dog friend that she can cuddle with
– She must have inside and outside access, with plenty of outdoor shade, she is not an outside only dog
– No young children under 7 years old (because of the full body cuddles)
– Unfortunately, Philly is not suited to a home with cats, small dogs or pocket pets
– Her people need to be home more often than not
– You must have a fully fenced yard
– A balanced, raw diet is what we expect to be continued for Miss Philly to keep her healthy and bright.
Non deal breakers:
– While we’re not looking for someone with experience with deaf or blind dogs, we do expect her forever family to work on some nose training with her.
– While we would be willing to rehome her outside of Victoria, potential forever families would need to come to HQ for a meet and greet
– Aside from being deaf and blind, Philly is in excellent health.
Please click here for an adoption application.
**All applications will be reviewed and replied to within 5 days, please be patient.
– Flea, Tick & Worming treatments up to date
MICROCHIP NUMBER 900164001876228
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924