Okay think of a Koala x with a Wombat x with a spicy gremlin that was fed after midnight… and you’ll have yourself a pretty good idea of what Peroni’s little personality and temperament is.
BEFORE you read Peroni’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most precious pupper. Peroni cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that his foster family can feel assured he is going to be set up for success in his new home.
– Peroni’s new family must be committed to ongoing training to ensure he grows to be the best doggo he can be.
– Daily walks and outings are a must, Peroni loves to keep up with the goings on of the neighbourhood
– A specific balanced, healthy diet is very important for Peroni due to his cleft palate
– Peroni must be truly part of the family and that means access inside as he pleases, this guy would not much enjoy being left outside.
Non deal breakers:
– Peroni has grown up with many foster siblings and is used to their constant companionship so a home with a friend or 2 is preferred. A home with no other dog will be considered if the family is home more often than not.
– A home in Victoria is preferred however interstate applicants will be considered, potential forever families would need to come to HQ for a meet and greet
- Peroni arrived in rescue care as he had pneumonia. Though he has since made a full recovery and has never had an issue with his full cleft palate since, it is our strong guidance and insistence that his new adoptive family have his palate assessed with Dr Arthur House at PenVet. If he is a candidate for surgical repair, we advise desexing surgery be done at the same time to limit risks of two anesthesia. Dr House has granted all our Life of Pikelet clefties a mammoth discount in palate repair/desexing surgery.
Please click here for an adoption application.
**We do our best to review and reply to all applications within 14 days, please be patient.
– Desexing after 6 months of age (adoption under desexing contract clause and desex age dependant on individual health needs of each animal) to be discussed at adoption interviews
– Up to date vaccinations, flea, tick & worming treatments
– As with all our cleft palate pups, Life of Pikelet will e-introduce you to Dr Arthur House, the leading canine cleft specialist surgeon in Australia. All our Life of Pikelet puppers that choose to continue cleft repair assessments through Dr House receive our phenomenally generous rescue discount for surgery. Quite literally below a quarter of what you would normally expect a cleft repair to cost by a specialist in this field.
MICROCHIP NUMBER 991003000918104
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924
**Located in foster care in Victoria, Peroni is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Peroni’s new family will need to come to HQ to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with him. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.