Soft puppy fur, a tale that wags always, long floppy ears and eyes to get lost in. Perkynana is one beauty of a rescue puppy!
Perkynana, or Nana as we call her in foster care, is your typical sweet natured labrador puppy in fact, maybe not so typical in that she has impeccable manners, loves her food but is always respectful of her other foster puppy siblings and lets them eat first. Nana is non-reactive to confrontation and the other drama her foster siblings get up to, playful and gentle and ridiculously more-ish as she melts into your arms for cuddles.
Crate trained and almost toilet trained (still needs a bit of work with that), Nana would suit a loving family that is active and social.
Perkynana is a purebred Labrador (related to our previous cleftie girl Phat Mama). She has a full hard and soft cleft palate that means she has to be supervised around drinking water from a water bowl and swimming/playing in water, or any instance where water might be ingested the wrong way.
Apart from a sinus infection during earlier days, Perkynana has had no issues with her cleft palate to date. She may be able to live her life without the risk of surgical repair.
This little angelic puppy is dearly loved here at her foster home, we are looking for a very special forever family to make this beauty the centre of their world, she deserves nothing less.
BEFORE you read Perkynana’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most precious pupper. Perky cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that his foster family can feel assured he is going to be set up for success in his new home.
– Perkynana has grown up with many foster siblings and is used to their constant companionship so a home with a friend or 2 is preferred. A home with no other dog will be considered if the family is home more often than not.
– Nana’s new family must be committed to ongoing training to ensure she grows to be the best doggo she can be.
– Daily walks and outings are a must, a girl must keep up appearances.
– A specific balanced, healthy diet is very important for Nana due to her cleft palate
– Perkynana must be truly part of the family and that means access inside as she pleases, this girl would not much enjoy being left outside.
Non deal breakers:
– A home in Victoria is preferred however interstate applicants will be considered, potential forever families would need to come to HQ for a meet and greet
– Other than her cleft palate, Perkynana is in wonderful all round health. Perkynana’s new forever family will need to stay in ongoing contact with LoP and she will be assessed at 6-7 months for cleft repair with our specialist surgeon Dr Arthur House.
**We do our best to review and reply to all applications within 5 days, please be patient.
– Desexing at 6 months of age
– Up to date vaccinations, flea, tick & worming treatments
MICROCHIP NUMBER 953010005099440
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924
**Located in foster care in Victoria, Perkynana is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Perky’s new family will need to come to HQ to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with her. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.