Have you been absolutely bored out of your mind in ‘rona isolation?
Perhaps you’ve been thinking to yourself “Geez, what I wouldn’t give to be able to adopt the craziest, cheekiest, fur-tornado that ever graced Life of Pikelet rescue”?
She’s a little bit inbred (okay, a lot inbred) and a little bit spicy, but she’s a whole lotta PEPITA.
Pepita is one of two surviving puppies from a litter of an accidental brother-sister mating. Mum/Aunt and Dad/Uncle 😂, are both 90% Staffies with about 10% Labrador.
While physically Pepita is a very healthy puppy, she does have some mental health issues that will need to be managed through out her life. Learning how to be affectionate towards her foster mama and doggo foster sister has been a long and involved process, but she is getting there. With the wrong family Pepita could become a reactive and destructive doggo.
BUT with the right, experienced and patient family Pepita will be probably the best doggo you ever had.
Pepita is actually quite a smart little cookie, who is a quick learner (a learner of the good and the bad stuff combined). She wants to please but sometimes needs lots of practice and guidance.
This is NOT your first puppy and this little squish is probably not your first staffy either.
BEFORE you read Pepita’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most wonderful little rescue puppy. Pepita CANNOT be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success during this crucial developmental puppy stage of life.
– Pepita 100% needs an experienced forever family with strong willed dogs/pups. It’s preferable that you have staffy or some other bull breed experience too.
– Daily adventures and outing are an absolute MUST. If you keep a tornado locked up in a house/yard all day everyday you’d expect destruction!
– Priority will be given to a applicant that wishes to enrol Pepita into agility, dock diving or some other weekly activity. She is the kind of pupper who need to learn a skill/activity/job in order to keep her balanced and happy.
– Pepita would highly benefit from puppy school / ongoing positive training.- She ain’t no outside dog! Pepita must be allowed access inside as she pleases, this is what she is accustom too and we would like to see continued.
– A balanced raw diet is what we expect continued for this little lady. It not only helps with her health but also her mental health.
– Pepita’s lucky new fam will need to stay in touch with both LoP and her foster family in Melbourne.
Non deal breakers:
– A home with another confident & balanced larger breed dog would be wonderful for Pepita to have, though it’s not a necessity. Pepita would do just as well as an only doggo as long as her forever family were home more often than not.
– Whether you have another doggo at home for Pepita or you don’t, preference is always given to families who are home more than they are not.
– It would be great to rehome Pepita here in Victoria however we are going to consider interstate adoption. It’s important to find the perfect fit for this little love.
**All applications will be reviewed and replied to within 5 days, please be patient.