She’s a little bit country, a little bit rock n’ roll.
This little hound dog is the perfect blend of adventure pup and couch potato. If her long velvety ears haven’t already sent you weak at the knees, her boopable snoot sure will. Patron is a truly stunning girl, she is playful, fun and her big brown eyes look straight into your soul and make your heart skip a beat. Patron spends her days playing and lazing about with her Bull Arab foster bro, Ajax and thoroughly enjoys his company, she is a respectfully curious about meeting new friends both human and canine and is shaping up to be a pretty stellar doggo.
Being mostly Bloodhound, her nose leads the show, she wants to get to all the smells so her forever family will have to compete with her love of sniffing but thankfully Patron also has another love… food! Being food motivated means she is quite willing to learn new things, she has already picked up some basics in her foster home but the sky is the limit! How big she’ll grow is a guess, she’s smack bang in the middle of her siblings in terms of size and if we had to take a guess, we would say she should end up in the mid 20’s.
BEFORE you read Patron’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most wonderful little rescue puppy. Patron cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success during this crucial developmental puppy stage of life.
– Patron loves having a confident doggy friend, so we feel a family with another friendly doggo in her new home is a must.
– A daily adventure to keep Patron’s mind and body happy and active is important, whilst she can’t go too far yet, hounds are built for long distant sniffy adventures therefor a family who get out and about is necessary.
– Patron would highly benefit from puppy school / ongoing positive training… whilst she may have missed her chance of baby puppy classes, lots of places offer senior puppy classes perfect for her age.
– She ain’t no outside dog! Patron must be allowed access inside as she pleases, this is what she is accustom too and we would like to see continued.
– Patron’s lucky new fam will need to stay in touch with LoP.
Non deal breakers:
– A family interested in taking Patron to nose works classes would be fab! She loves to sniff and what better outlet then a game revolved around sniffing!
– Got Hound experience? That’s a plus! Whilst we believe every dog is different and there are some very clear houndy traits Patron displays so a family who have some experience with a scent driven dog is a bonus. This is certainly not a must but we encourage anyone interested in applying read up on Bloodhounds and get a good idea as to wether your family is suited to such a dog.
– A home in Sydney is preferred but we are open to homes out of state should they tick all the boxes, are willing to travel to Sydney with their own dog for a meet and are willing to provide video footage of their home / yard or have a LoP representative visit.
– Preference is always given to a family home more often than not.
**All applications will be reviewed and replied to within 5 days, please be patient.