Look at moi… look at moiiiiiii
Papaya or as she’s often referred to… Kath Day Knight is LoP’s first curly! Her flaming red locks and funky haircut do make her stand out amongst all the bully babes currently in care, but don’t go thinking she’s an outsider, this ‘labradoodle’ believes she is just as much a staffy as Pikelet.
She came to LoP when her breeder thought she was a bit more developmentally delayed than her siblings, we haven’t seen anything of concern, in fact we think she’s a bright little spark who is on track for her age.
Papaya absolutely adores her dog friends, so much so we think she’d be a little lost without at least one doggo pal in her forever home, it wouldn’t matter the breed, she’s be just as happy sharing with a Maltese as she would a Mastiff… what’s important is a dog that likes to play and doesn’t mind sharing their bed because this gals a snuggler. We would consider a only dog home, if the house is one full of activity, a home where she gets to be involved it pretty much everything, trips to the beach, soccer on the weekend, a bush walk or a trip to the cafe… Papaya loves to be involved and we want her to get exactly what she wants.
We’re pretty confident that Papaya will be a great match with kids, we’re also pretty confident other animals like cats or bunnies won’t be much of an issue either. Of course, continued exposure to the big wide world is a must and this must be done slow and steady, easing her into life outside of the farm.
BEFORE you read Papaya’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most precious pupper. Papaya cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success in her new home.
– Papaya will need ongoing training, we know that oodles tend to lean towards the hyper-social side of the scale which is awesome but our hope is that just like all our other adoptable bebes, Papaya is a good advocate for RESCUE dogs! So a family committed to lifelong training, a family who want to invest in good doggy manners is a must.
– Papaya is a social lass and a daily stroll to catch up on the neighbourly gossip is an absolute.
– Papaya is on a balanced raw diet, this is working great for her digestive health.
– Papaya must have access inside the house at all times, the couch is king and she’s the queen.
– Papaya is not suited to someone who is looking for a “lap dog” for their retired elderly parents or grandparents. She is a young, healthy pup and she very much feels the staffy family vibe that she has grown up with while in foster care. Please do not apply if all you are after is a pretty oodle… Papaya is so much more than that!
Non deal breakers:
– Now, we know that curly dogs are popular and not ‘mini labradoodle’ puppies are few and far between in the rescue world. To LoP, Papaya is just one of the crew… she is an equal and we love her like we do her bully breed foster friends, no more, no less! With this being said we want to say that our preference for an adoptive family is a rescue minded family, a family with a history of adopting rescue dogs and it’s something we will be considering as a priority amongst what will surely be hundreds of applications.
– Papaya’s in great health, the only thing to note is that she has a slightly unusual, wide gait and whilst this doesn’t cause her issues currently it may mean that down the line she might have some hip / leg issues. It’s recommended that her adopters take out pet insurance, just in case she requires treatment in future.
**We do our best to review and reply to all applications within 14 days, please be patient.
– Desexing after 6 months of age (adoption under desexing contract clause and desex age dependant on individual health needs of each animal)
– Up to date vaccinations, flea, tick & worming treatments
MICROCHIP NUMBER 991003001939201
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924
**Located in foster care in Victoria, Papaya is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Papaya’s new family will need to come to HQ to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with her. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.