Panko Crumbs is an all round good girl, seriously… she’s kind of a dream
Nobody is immune to her charms, from the moment you set your sights on her sparkling eyes that give any Disney Princess a run for their money, you know she’s something special. Panko is a friend to every dog she meets, big, small, young, old… already at 14 weeks old, she knows how to adjust her play style to match the tiniest puppies in care.
Why did Panko end up in the paws of LoP? Panko arrived as teeny tiny crumb neonate with a unilateral cleft lip, cleft palate and pectus excavatum (which has now been resolved and you can read more about below). She has been hand reared and being a cleftie, will likely not end up the size of your typical American Bully (which is approx 25-35kgs).
Panko will suit all kinds of adopters, an active family with kids, someones full time adventure time buddy, a multi dog home looking for a social staff to add to their menagerie, she’s pretty versatile which is why when applying, we encourage you to go all out in selling yourself because undoubtedly, Panko will be popular! Her bunny hops through the grass will turn you into the human version of the heart eyes emoji, simply put she is an absolute joy!
BEFORE you read Panko’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most precious pupper. Panko cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success in her new home.
– Panko Crumbs new family must be committed to ongoing training, as with any puppy, learning how to be a good canine citizen is of upmost importance.
– Caring for Panko’s cleft lip and palate is a lifelong commitment and something potential adopters should do some research on before applying.
– This gal needs a daily exercise, we’re not just talking a walk around the block, we’re talking fun adventures where she can sniff, explore and socialise.
– Panko is currently fed a high quality kibble diet and has been introduced to balanced raw which she is doing well with.
– Panko must be truly part of the family and that means access inside as she pleases.
Non deal breakers:
– A rescue minded family is always highly favourable. .
– Panko Crumbs has a unilateral cleft lip and a full cleft palate, whilst her cleft causes her no current issues, making sure it is clear of food and debris is a life long commitment, this is a fairly simple process and easy to fit in your day to day routine. We don’t believe she will need a cleft repair but as per all our cleftie kids we will organise a consult with Dr Arthur House in the Mornington Peninsular for review. Dr House is one of the few vets in Australia with knowledge and expertise on clefts in dogs.
– Panko also came into care with ‘pectus excavatum’ which is a condition that causes the ribcage to cave inwards. With the help of our amazing volunteers, we were able to create a brace which corrected this and it no longer causes her any issues.
– Desexing after 6 months of age (adoption under desexing contract clause and desex age dependant on individual health needs of each animal)
– Up to date vaccinations, flea, tick & worming treatments
– As with all our cleft palate + lip pups, Life of Pikelet will e-introduce you to Dr Arthur House, the leading canine cleft specialist surgeon in Australia. All our Life of Pikelet puppers that choose to continue cleft repair assessments through Dr House receive our phenomenally generous rescue discount for surgery (if required). Quite literally below a quarter of what you would normally expect a cleft repair to cost by a specialist in this field.
MICROCHIP NUMBER 953010100420771
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924
**Located in foster care in Victoria, Panko Crumbs is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Panko’s new family will need to come to HQ to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with her. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.