A whole year has passed since Panettone arrived into foster care, once a roly poly puppy, Tone girl is now fully baked and has turned out to be a stunning big loaf of dog.
Panettone is long and leggy, she has yet to grow into her paws and we think she is destined to move around like a baby elephant long term. She certainly didn’t grow to be the gigantic dog we thought she’d be and has remained on the small side of large, which means there is all the more room for stretching out on the couch. Panettone is a goofball, she truly is the epitome of a BDD (Big Dumb Dog) but what she lacks in brain power she makes up for in enthusiasm and she is VERY enthusiastic about snacks! All of the snacks! If Panettone could eat all day, everyday…she would, it’s her first thought in the morning and her last thought at night, I can not stress how much food is her one true love!
Tone girl lives in a busy multi dog household, however she has always been and I think always will be suspicious and nervous of meeting new dogs, she mostly enjoys the company of larger male dogs who are confident and play it cool! Little dogs and small animals like cats are just not for Tone. Panettone enjoys her daily walks, she is fabulous on lead but likes to stick to the quiet parts of town and is not really into the more action packed streets. Tone spends a big portion of time napping, on the couch, on her bed, in her crate, in the sun, upside down, she’s a great napper… this means she’s a pretty relaxed dog at home, as long as she has a bit of a daily outing and you ask her to use her brain at least once, she is super chill and independent.
BEFORE you read Panettone’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most wonderful little rescue puppy. Panettone cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that her foster family can feel assured she is going to be set up for success during this crucial developmental puppy stage of life.
– Panettone would suit a home with either a med/large male dog for company or as a solo pooch if her new family are home more often than not.
– Living with small dogs, cats or other smaller pets is a no-go for Panettone. Smol animals just leave Tone completely bamboozled.
– Panettone’s new family must be committed to ongoing training, Tone does still have things to learn and it’s important her new family are happy to continue to help her blossom into a good canine citizen.
– Daily walks and outings are a must, she is not going to need to run a daily marathon but does enjoy a change of scenery.
– A balanced, healthy diet is very important for a big, growing girl. Panettone currently eats a raw, BARF diet which we feel is the best thing for her.
– Panettone must be truly part of the family and that means access inside as she pleases, this girl is use to her creature comforts like a comfy lounge to snooze on during the day and would not much enjoy being left outside.
– The lucky adoptive family of Panettone will need to be ready to keep in regular touch with both her foster mama (Lisa) and Life of Pikelet throughout the duration of her life.
Non deal breakers:
– Dog experience, Tone is probably not the best first timer dog… a little experience with big pooches is probably a good idea.
– Ideally her new family has someone home more often than not.
— A home in Sydney is preferred as we feel it may take a few meet and greets with another dog for Panettone to feel comfortable. Interstate applicants will be considered should they have no other dog but meet the other outlined criteria.
Panettone currently has a clean bill of health and has received all three of her puppy vaccinations. She is prone to having ear infections and her new family will need to be vigilant on checking and making sure they are treated promptly should they need to be.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an adoption application.
**All applications will be reviewed and replied to within 5 days, please be patient.
Panettone’s adoption fee is $550
Adoption fee includes:
– All 3 puppy vaccinations
– Flea, Tick & Worming treatments up todate
– Collar, Leash & Harness.
MICROCHIP NUMBER 9001 6400 1457 907
**Located in foster care in the Inner West of Sydney, Panettone is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Panettone’s new owners will need to come to Sydney to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with her. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.