Greetings, potential adopters and fellow mystery enthusiasts! I present to you the one and only SHERLOCK, a dapper black-colored Staffy x Rottweiler with a nose for adventure and orange eyebrows on fleek.
Sherlock is a seasoned detective in the world of tail-wagging mysteries, and he’s on the case to find his forever home.
Sherlock and his partner in crime-solving, Watson, emerged from a challenging past involving domestic violence turmoil. However, with the guidance of their mentor, Steve, they’ve overcome extreme littermate separation anxiety and are now ready to embark on individual journeys to find their forever homes..
Dog Trainer Steve Meloche, of Master and Hound who took the boys on for their boot camp training, working specifically on their separation anxiety from each other, has been quoted as having said that both Sherlock and Watson “are some of the best dogs he has ever come across”. Their behaviroal issues are minor in comparison to the majority of dogs who are in need of serious help. Both pups have manners, are non-reactive and so very loveable.
While handsome Sherlock may not have a magnifying glass, he’s got an excellent sense of smell to sniff out treats and a 95% recall rate. Not to mention, he’s a master of canine deduction, always ready to solve the mystery of where the treats are hidden! This detective is a pro at playtime, especially with dogs of a similar size. While not overly interested in toys, he is highly treat-motivated – a delicious reward is the key to his heart and loyalty. Watch out, he might just steal your snacks if you’re not careful!
Unlike his brother Watson, Sherlock is a bit more laid-back when it comes to escape artistry. Fences? Sure, he can jump them, but he’s not in a hurry – maybe he’s saving his energy for the next cozy indoor adventure. #worksmarternotharder
Sherlock’s favorite crime scene? Your living room! He loves to lounge on sofas, human beds, and bask in the glory of sun patches. His dedication to comfort is unparalleled, and he’ll do almost anything for a tasty treat.
This four-legged detective is a gentle baby blockhead, great with humans of all sizes, and adores children. Sherlock is also ready to be part of a family that includes him in their adventures, as long as there’s a good sunbeam to relax in afterward.
Sherlock is on the lookout for a family who appreciates his chill vibes, can offer a warm spot on the couch, and maybe some delicious treats. A home with at least one other balanced doggy companion would be the perfect setting for this detective duo’s happily-ever-after.
Ready to solve the mystery of unconditional love? Sherlock is on the case! Adopt this lovable detective, and together, you can create a lifetime of paw-some memories. Don’t forget, he’s looking for a home with at least one other balanced dog sibling to share the adventures. Elementary, my dear adopter!
BEFORE you read Sherlock’s adoption criteria it is extremely important that potential adopters give great thought and communicate in their adoption application as to what their home set up and routine plan is for the first few weeks/months if they are the successful adopter of this most precious doggo. Sherlock cannot be settled in over just a weekend and then left on a Monday home alone while you return to work… There needs to be a plan outlined so that his foster family can feel assured that he is going to be set up for success in his new home.
– American Staffies need a good amount of exercise each day to keep them in snuggle bug mode in the down times. We would recommend 2-3 walks/plays a day for Sherlock to burn his staffy wigglebutt energy.
– Premium diet! We are a balanced raw diet advocating rescue. On adoption of Sherlock we will provide a break down on what Sherlocks current diet is and what we recommend moving forward.
– Sherlock must have indoor and outdoor access throughout the day! Our adoptable are not to be kept in a backyard or garage, Sherlock in particular is a sofa surfer and is most content after a walk snuggled up on the sofa with his humans and canine siblings.
– These blockhead hunnies are not huge American Staffies, but they are quite the unit of hurricane when playing bitey face with other staffy friends or doing zoomies around the house and/or yard. Bull breed experience would be great to have when considering adopting this hunk a chunk.
Non deal breakers:
– It would be fantastic for these boys to go to families that are happy to stay in touch with each other. Even if the adoptive family of Sherlock doesn’t live super close to Watson’s adoptive family, we’d like to think that the new forever families will stay connected with each other.
– A sports sort of activity! Sherlock isn’t as active as his brother Watson, however that doesn’t mean he isn’t a young boyo who might like a weekend sports activity like sheep herding, dock diving, noncompetitive agility etc. Not an essential or a deal breaker for us, but it would be an added bonus for Sherlock to have a life where that was on offer!
– Sherlock is over all fantastic health and perfect body weight and condition. He does have the tip of one ear that sometimes bleeds from an old play bite face wound with his brother (ear tips bleed a lot but once healed they are non problematic).
The main and only health “issue” that Sherlock is need of treatment for is his eyes. Both eyes have lashes that grow in towards the eyeball, making it very uncomfortable. We originally wanted to sort out this surgery before adoption, however due to the previous separation anxiety between Sherlock and his brother Watson, it wasn’t safe to do so. Sherlock’s eyes have been treated daily with prescribed eye drops which bring pain relief and help to slightly relieve the issue. LoP Rescue will cover the entropic eye surgery once Sherlock is settled in his new forever home. Luckily his case is not extreme and not as urgent as we once thought. His adoption is now our priority. On arrival into care Sherlock was already desexed and vaccinations up to date. We have continued with worming, flea, tick and vaccinations as needed.
**We do our best to review and reply to all applications within 14 days, please be patient.
Please click here for an adoption application.
– Up to date vaccinations, flea, tick & worming treatments.
– Entropion eye surgery for Sherlock after adoption.
– Collar and Leash
MICROCHIP NUMBER 953010004898483
SOURCE NUMBER RE128924
**Located in foster care in Victoria, Sherlock is available for interstate adoption however this comes with the firm understanding that if an interstate candidate is successful, Sherlock’s new family will need to come to HQ to complete adoption paperwork and travel home with him. Interstate candidates please see above in deal breakers/non-deal breakers. Video footage of yard & home will also need to be provided along with the agreement to a possible home check by a local Life of Pikelet rescue volunteer.